Biodry FX100 Drysuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I have been looking at your FX100 Drysuit as it appears that the sizing works closest for my sizes for off the peg amongst the various manufacturers and have a few questions:

Is there a warm neck option available.

Do the size ranges on your chart allow for thermal undergarments to be added??

Could you advise as to which size would suit me better - XXL or XXXL

My sizes are:

Weight - 245lb's
Height - just under 76"
Chest - 47"
Waist - 44"
Hips - 45"
Inseam - 34" (measured crotch to floor)
Shoe size - 14/15 usually 15 for width.

I fit in all categories of XXL except for waist (by 2") and shoe size (important) - would the stretch material work in my favour?

If I went for the Hollis would I be better with the XXXL or getting the XXL with the larger sock??

I hope you can help with some advice as no-one in Australia has experience with these suits that I can find and your importer doesn't even carry these 2 sizes :idk:

Hi,

I have been looking at your FX100 Drysuit as it appears that the sizing works closest for my sizes for off the peg amongst the various manufacturers and have a few questions:

Is there a warm neck option available.

Do the size ranges on your chart allow for thermal undergarments to be added??

Could you advise as to which size would suit me better - XXL or XXXL

My sizes are:

Weight - 245lb's
Height - just under 76"
Chest - 47"
Waist - 44"
Hips - 45"
Inseam - 34" (measured crotch to floor)
Shoe size - 14/15 usually 15 for width.

I fit in all categories of XXL except for waist (by 2") and shoe size (important) - would the stretch material work in my favour?

If I went for the Hollis would I be better with the XXXL or getting the XXL with the larger sock??

I hope you can help with some advice as no-one in Australia has experience with these suits that I can find and your importer doesn't even carry these 2 sizes :idk:

Hi BB1,

You are actually in the middle of the two, and it would boil down to undergarment thickness only. Shoe size wouldnt be an issue as the sock on the XXL is the same as on the XXXL - it runs large.

Our suggestion is always to try on both to guarantee a proper fit and always with whichever undergarment you intend on wearing. If you are still having trouble locating the suit please send me a PM. We have both in stock and ready for delivery and can coordinate this with our local distributor.

Take care,

Hi Nick,

Story of my life with drysuits - always seem to be just inbetween 2 sizes.....

Most likely my max undergarments will be a 4th Element Arctic set and just maybe a very thin wicking layer underneath that - I wasn't looking at the big stuff like weezles etc that require a lot of air for the loft to work.

I just rang the distributor and they only carry up to an XL....

Just a thought, your site show where and how to measure yourself (every manufacturer seems to measure in a slightly different way), do you measure waist at widest point across the belly button or at belt line??

Last edited:
@ Hollis Gear Nick,

I am about to order an FX100 but as always am concerned with the size charts. I am 6'3" and 210lbs. All of my measurements work perfectly with the XL, except for the height. I saw a review on the Dive Right In Scuba store from a demo tester that was 6'3 and said the Large was a little small on him but doable?! Am I going to be in a world of hurt and discomfort if I order the XL versus the XXL? I would love to have your feedback!

@ Hollis Gear Nick,

I am about to order an FX100 but as always am concerned with the size charts. I am 6'3" and 210lbs. All of my measurements work perfectly with the XL, except for the height. I saw a review on the Dive Right In Scuba store from a demo tester that was 6'3 and said the Large was a little small on him but doable?! Am I going to be in a world of hurt and discomfort if I order the XL versus the XXL? I would love to have your feedback!

XL due to the height, you will be swimming in the XXL.

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom