Looking for help in Israel December 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBozanic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello!

I will be traveling to Israel with my Family Dec 18, 2010. I am hoping to dive with my son, Evan, in the following places and dates:

Dead Sea Wednesday morning, Dec 22
Caesarea Thursday morning or afternoon, Dec 23
Eilat Friday afternoon or evening, Dec 31

I am a very experienced diver, having done about 4,400 dives. I am a TDI and NAUI Course Director. I am also on the Board of Advisors for IANTD, and was on the Board of Directors of NAUI for 8 years, and the Cave Diving Section of the National Speleological Society for 7 years. I wrote Mastering Rebreathers, and have contributed to about 20 diving textbooks. I work in underwater archaeology with the Submerged Resources Center (a part of our National Park Service) as a consultant, as well as on other scientific diving projects. My son is an Advanced Diver, and is also rebreather certified.

I was hoping be to borrow 2 sets of equipment when I land in Tel Aviv on Sunday Dec 19 (afternoon), and return it before I depart Tel Aviv Jan 2. I might also be able to return it Dec 26, after the Dead Sea and Caesarea, and find other equipment in Eilat later in the week. I really do not know the best way to proceed, as I have not been diving in Israel since 1989.

It would be great if someone would like to join us for the diving!

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide any information or assistance.

Thank you.
Jeff Bozanic
JBozanic@HQonline.net
JeffBozanic.com Home Page, Jeff Bozanic's Web Site
1-714-775-4462

Yes. I dove there in 1989. I thought it was a great practical demonstration of Archimedes Principle... and thought it would be fun for my son to see and feel. Not expecting to do a long dive, maybe 5-10 minutes. Mostly just so he can see what it is like. (And say he's done it!)

I have received help in Caesarea and Eilat, but am still looking for assistance with the Dead Sea.

Anyone??

Thank you!!

At this time, what I really need is about 70 Kg of lead weight. If I could pick it up in Tel Aviv on Dec 19, that would work best.

Thank you!!

Jeff, you one crazy dude. On a good day, Dead Sea viz is two inches.

From experience? I've heard opposite stories about exceptional visibility from divers who claimed that they dove there.

There is this dudes who run some sort of scuba operation on dead sea- their website lacks underwater photos, though: Dive in the Dead Sea | Scuba diving adventure | extreme diving | extreme divers | salt sea. I wonder if there are no UW photos in their gallery because it looks so bad that it's bad for business :D , or that they did not have any housed camera to do the job...

Perhaps they can help with some kilos of weights? I'd expect them to have some :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom