Insight Computer Malfunction?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Traijin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up an Insight Computer/Navigational Console yesterday from my LDS. When the left hand button is depressed, it goes through the dry menus just as it should. However if I hit the Right hand button (my R/L looking at the computer) the computer flips out. The backlight comes on as it should, but partial LCD patterns start appearing all over the screen. I looks a bit like the alien count down on the self destruct device from the Predator movies. No combination of button tapping of holding will stop the loop its in. The only way to get the light to turn off and get it to stop flipping out is to remove the battery.

Fortunately my LDS is excellent, I'm going to take it back at lunch today and I'm sure they will take care of me.

So am I doing something wrong in the operation or is this a malfunction?

Thanks

Issue resolved. I took the computer back to the LDS. Without hesitation, one of the store owners took it back and gave me another unit he had in stock. While I was in the shop he called up his Sherwood rep and explained the issue. Sherwood is mailing him a replacement.

This is one of the great points in dealing with a solid dive shop.

Thanks for the support goes to Bill Margiotta at Underwater Connection and to Sherwood.

Yes, the new unit works fine, just a glitch in the first computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom