Amazing dives 12/4 at lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacificgal

Rest in Peace...
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
amazing couple dives at lovers 1 today, viz was 20 feet, and on the first dive we had a harbor seal experience like none I have ever had, 6-10 harbor seals surrounding us and checking us out. Even more of note, on the second dive I saw 2 things I've never seen here in Monterey before, a Phidiana hiltoni nudibranch, it's like the hermissendra but has grey and pink cerata, and 2 sea hares!!!
Also seen today were hermissendra, Hopkins rose, and the other usual suspects.
It's always so amazing when you get out there and see things you've never seen before, i so love diving!!!!

Hmmm... whereabouts did you see these things? In the sand channel?

It was great diving at McAbee's on Saturday too. Calm, great visibility a beautiful day underwater.

Glad you had a great day!

pacificgal:

Where do you head to at Lover's Cove? The few times I've gone there, it disappointed me. Do you head out of the Cove and more to the point or do you stay dead center of the cove? I do admit that the times I have gone, conditions were less than "ideal" with poor visibility and moderate surge.

C.

Claude, the first dive we headed straight out of the cove, that was ok, it was the harbor seals on the way back in that made that one fun, the second dive we headed out and then towards the point, probably easier to get to (and more direct) from the stairs at lovers 2, since we weren't far from shore. I like taking newbies there, they're usually familiar with breakwater because that's where they were certified, I like giving them experience somewhere different, yet still safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom