Dive Club!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailorB

Reaction score
Guys,
what is the ifferance between a dive center and a dive club?
i mean what is the dive club, wha does it provide

where can i learn more about this on the internet?
does any body know a website has this kind of information

Dive Centers are shops. They sell gear and offer training. They service gear too.

Dive Clubs are usually a group of divers who dive together. They have events like Pumpkin Carving Contests for Halloween and stuff like that. Sometimes, dive clubs are big enough to own a compressor and offer fills to the members.

Hope this helps,

and over here BSAC clubs offer (free) training and regular diving. Most own a boat, some own a compressor.

Its a nice way to get trained cheaply and get regular diving once qualified.

Draw back is training takes a long time.

Thanks guys
i think i heard more about that.

i heard the dive club could be something commercial, and make deals with other dive centers to get something like a discount on diving plus what you said.

is that true?

any body knows a place i can read more about that?

sailorB once bubbled...
Thanks guys
i think i heard more about that.

i heard the dive club could be something commercial, and make deals with other dive centers to get something like a discount on diving plus what you said.

is that true?

any body knows a place i can read more about that?
I think you're just going to have to check and see what clubs there are around you.

Where I am (California), most clubs seem to be affiliated (or even sponsored) by local shops, where meetings are held, and discounts on fills, gear, and trips are offered to club members.

WileEDiver
thw problem that we dont have a dive club qround me, i mean in the whole country there is no one...

thats why im asking
:)

There are 3 main dive clubs in the U.K. Bsac, Scotsac and Saa, are teaching organisations with many branches and thousands of members. There are also independant clubs. A club is a focal point for a social leisure activity, ideally it should provide training, have an active diving program and by economies of scale, lower the cost of participation. Some say a well equipped branch should have a pool, six sets of training equipment, a compressor, a boat and more active volunteer instructors than trainee's. Life is full of changes and the the strength and weakness of club are always changing. Some successful clubs have no facilities and are just a free association of people who go out and dive with one another. Some people get together through internet forums. In the U.K. each sport has an appointed governing sporting body, if your club is affiliated to it, you can get financial aid for various purposes, basically for providing local community activities. Club pool facilities are mostly town or village council but there are corporate and private recreational sporting clubs and educational centres which also provide facilities.
I guess the best place to contact local divers is to post a message or leave flyers at the local dive shop. Clubs that train new divers normally have a high turnover of membership about 25% per annum, maybe its because diving like sailing requires a great deal of leisure time.

thx budgy,
that was great of you

There is a pretty big difference, most clubs are part of a center but the club does some pretty good things. At Lynnhaven Dive Center here in Virginia Beach the Club members get special priced dives all year and when they have dive trips from the Shop, Club members get discounts for them also. Plus we helped build a reef off the coast and do Clean the Bay and many other things. It gets us in the news and helps get people interested in diving.

Rich:mean:

Plus we helped build a reef off the coast and do Clean the Bay and many other things. It gets us in the news and helps get people interested in diving.
that was good
that was a new thing for me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom