Payar island pics - no fish butt this time [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Payar island pics - no fish butt this time

Sponsored Link

lanun
September 7th, 2003, 06:48 AM
this was from today's dive. it's at the house reef.

lanun
September 7th, 2003, 06:50 AM
i noticed the fish playing with bubbles. reminded me of the yellow tang in finding nemo :D

Dee
September 7th, 2003, 10:33 AM
The first one, Progressions, is great! The progression from light to dardk and back is wonderful. It's a little soft on fucus but it still has a great impact, what was the aperture? Opened up a step or two to increase the depth of field would have sharpened that focus.

lanun
September 7th, 2003, 11:00 AM
flash off, F2.3 (shot in P mode so). one of these days i will remember enough about how to work the settings. oh well.

the dive had a lot more photo op. we were mostly at 2-7Meters. many schools of juvie reef fish, nice coral heads, interesting light play, but i pretty much had to bail on 'em - i was paired with a 'same ocean' buddy who on one occasion wandered into an underwater construction zone :eek:

lanun
September 7th, 2003, 11:04 AM
here's the un autoleveled pic

Dee
September 7th, 2003, 10:25 PM
f2.3 isn't that bad but Program mode notoriously give you slow exposure times (shutter speed). With a faster ET you would have frozen the action and been in focus and at the same time gotten a litle darker background.

Venture out into Aperture mode and play around there. It's well and good to read, study and see the exposure info on posted photos. But when you actually do it and see the results of what apewrture and ET works together and what doesn't, it's sticks in your memory alot faster!

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1