Need dive buddy for Sat. Dec. 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been diving for 35 years with over 400 logged dives. I would like to do a shore dive Saturday or Sunday. I belong to a club, but they are going on a boat dive. Anyone interested? Experienced diver preferred. We could meet around 9-10 AM at any site in Monterey or Pacific Grove.

I'll be diving with a buddy @ Breakwater, Sunday the 12th.
I've been diving since February, not sure if you'd consider me experienced enough. I have nowhere near as many dives as you.

My buddy just got certified over at UCSC a few weeks ago. They do a 10 week course there; I can safely say he's more experienced than most divers fresh out of Basic. He's done a few fun dives at well.

If you want to join us we'll be there in the morning. We're planning on going in with St 72's and exploring the wall and Metridian Fields. Most likely nothing past 60ft.
Give me a PM if you're interested and I'll send you my number.

Sounds good. I can meet you there. What time will you be there? I drive a van conversion that's white and brown. I'll probably dive one tank and if it's OK with you maybe we can dive the wall first, then you guys can come back to dive the mertridium fields. (I assume you will be doing two tank dives since the mertridium fields are a long way out.) By the way, check out my underwater videos on YouTube. My channel is timothyech1. The 14 min. video is a combination of some of the others.

We'll be leaving Santa Cruz at 8. Probably be there around 9ish.
We'll be diving 1 tank at a time. I would actually prefer doing the metridian dive first since we'll probably hit a deeper depth with that dive. We can decide in a pre-dive brief.

I'll be driving in a silver Subaru Baja with a black trunk top.
Look for the guy with a bunny tattoo on his left front shoulder and a green tattoo on the back right shoulder.
Also you can pretty much pick me out from anyone by my blue and green spiral striped tank. It's also slightly longer than a standard St 72.

I'll PM you my cell number in case you can't find us.

Also I really like the 80's footage of monastery on your youtube channel.

Glad you like my videos. My name is Tim and I'll meet you there. My cell is 408-887-3909, but I leave it off unless we are not home. I may come down a little later and dive the wall with you, arriving around 10AM. I figure you will be getting out of the water around then. I'm working on getting there earlier, however. I'll let you know probably Friday.

Hey guys, you still have room for another person? I will be diving Saturday and Sunday. stilldivin, want to dive Saturday as well? There are a couple spots I would like to explore for the first time - Butterfly House, Otter Cove, Lover's 3. I dive a single steel 77.

I just found out I can't get there any earlier than around 10 AM. I'll look for you guys when I arrive and try your cell, plus look for you coming out of the water. My van is large and has a fiberglass shell on top. so it's easy to find. I'll have a Monterey dive cap on with a diver flag pin on it.

I just found out I can't get there any earlier than around 10 AM. I'll look for you guys when I arrive and try your cell, plus look for you coming out of the water. My van is large and has a fiberglass shell on top. so it's easy to find. I'll have a Monterey dive cap on with a diver flag pin on it.

Cools.
There will be 3 of us actually that day. One has an HP 100 which he'll get filled after our first dive, so we should have a decent surface interval. I'll keep an eye out for you around 10am. I'll check my phone as well.

Hey guys, you still have room for another person? I will be diving Saturday and Sunday. stilldivin, want to dive Saturday as well? There are a couple spots I would like to explore for the first time - Butterfly House, Otter Cove, Lover's 3. I dive a single steel 77.

Sure. You're welcome to join us Sunday. We'll be arriving around 9am.
I'll PM you my cell.
Let me know when you plan on getting there and how I'll recognize you.
Those bunny ears may be a good choice of apparel ;D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom