Store bought vrs home made.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dryin91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My buds and I just returned from our now annual trip to the caves of Mexico. My new and now for sale Hollis SMS 100 preformed well in dry suit configuration this summer in our cold Canadian lakes, lots of lift seems trim and fits well. It looks cool but just too many buckles and straps. The trans pack, nomad and armadillo all suffer from the same over the counter sickness. I guess I’m back to a Razor style harness with separate lift, the kind we used in the 60s and 70s. It seems every time a BC is built to do lots of things it will not do any one thing well. I guess once again I learn that less is more.

Wait.... there was a simplistic, harness style rig in the 60s and 70s??? Impossible.

Just so everyone is clear, that was sarcasm. Its just nice to hear someone acknowledge that the Razor wasn't(nearly) the first harness based system.

I want a sidemount harness that instead of a crotch strap it has leg loops so it is like a climbing harness. Matt you know where I am going with this :)

I want a sidemount harness that instead of a crotch strap it has leg loops so it is like a climbing harness. Matt you know where I am going with this :)

Now there is an idea I really like.

Check out the Golem Gear G2 Harness, the break away buckles they use could possibly be used in an integrated climbing/side mount harness.

G2 adjustable diving harness

Dwayne

Check out the Golem Gear G2 Harness, the break away buckles they use could possibly be used in an integrated climbing/side mount harness.

Dwayne

Thanks for the link.
I am thinking something like this PMI Avatar Contour Full Body Harness :: Rescue and Rapid Intervention : Harnesses : Full-Body Harnesses Class III
I don't like the upper trunk configuration of this harness,but I am thinking a hybrid of the lower half of the PMI harness,and a sidemount configuration for the upper trunk.

If you're looking for the leg loops as support, as opposed to just getting rid of the crotch strap, Golem Gear says you can use a climbing harness in place of the waist belt on their Armadillo. Something like the Black Diamond Couloir might work.

Yes! :)

If you're looking for the leg loops as support, as opposed to just getting rid of the crotch strap, Golem Gear says you can use a climbing harness in place of the waist belt on their Armadillo. Something like the Black Diamond Couloir might work.

I like the price for sure.

Dwayne

BP wha??

I have the Nomad and am happy with it for my cold water drysuit diving with big steel tanks. But I have seen the Razor harness and do like the minimalistic approach. I am just not sure how comfortable it would be with two negatively buoyant tanks hanging off of it. I am sure that with AL tanks it is great, but until I try it I cannot say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom