Butterfly House and Lover's 3 12/11/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Butterfly:

65ft, 1:18, LP77, 30-40ft vis

Very surgy, hard to swim forward. First thing I see when I dropped was a leopard shark, followed by a cormourant swimming directly at me looking like it was going to impale me. Saw cabezon, nudis, s mall eel, schools of small fish, and lots of pinnacles. Reciprocal went off course due to surge and obstacles, surfaced on wrong side of Butterfly House and close to surf breaking on a pinnacle.

Entry is seaweed soup.

First time using my P valve. Cannot tell if condom cath is staying on. Worrisome.

Lover's 3:

40ft, 1:31, LP77, 20ft vis, 54F

Went in and it was sunny. Did not see anything other than playful seal. Too sandy. Just worked on buoyancy. Wanted to have bottom time of 2 hours but got cold. Condom cath came off and I pissed myself in my suit. Tonight will be dedicated to buying new pants and laundering my fleeces. Stupid and frustrated with cath. And pissed :wink:

Ascended into heavy fog that had suddenly rolled in. Reports of Seaside still bright and sunny. Seems there is nothing spectacular about this site. Perhaps didn't go far enough. Open water and sandy bottom makes me nervous.

And now I'm walking through Target in urine soaked pants looking for a pair of shorts.

Last edited:
And pissed :wink:

Oh I see what you did there <.<

Aside from the self soiling, sound like you had a blast.

My trip to Breakwater is still on Sunday.
Give me a call if you still want to join us.

Last edited:
Butterfly:

65ft, 1:18, LP77, 30-40ft vis

Very surgy, hard to swim forward. First thing I see when I dropped was a leopard shark, followed by a cormourant swimming directly at me looking like it was going to impale me. Saw cabezon, nudis, s mall eel, schools of small fish, and lots of pinnacles. Reciprocal went off course due to surge and obstacles, surfaced on wrong side of Butterfly House and close to surf breaking on a pinnacle.

Entry is seaweed soup.

First time using my P valve. Cannot tell if condom cath is staying on. Worrisome.

Lover's 3:

40ft, 1:31, LP77, 20ft vis, 54F

Went in and it was sunny. Did not see anything other than playful seal. Too sandy. Just worked on buoyancy. Wanted to have bottom time of 2 hours but got cold. Condom cath came off and I pissed myself in my suit. Tonight will be dedicated to buying new pants and laundering my fleeces. Stupid and frustrated with cath. And pissed :wink:

Ascended into heavy fog that had suddenly rolled in. Reports of Seaside still bright and sunny. Seems there is nothing spectacular about this site. Perhaps didn't go far enough. Open water and sandy bottom makes me nervous.

And now I'm walking through Target in urine soaked pants looking for a pair of shorts.

Rochester wide band.

Just admit that you are just an ordinary average guy and buy the proper size cath. :D

Yeah, p-valves are a mixed blessing. Nothing better than being able to relieve that horrible "I can't frog kick with a full bladder" feeling, and nothing worse than discovering that you're an hour from home, and the thing's come disconnected. At least you have fleece undergarments, and not Thinsulate!

Back
Top Bottom