Oriskany/Empire Mica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kombiguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A friend and I are planning an trip for the summer, and we want to dove both wrecks. Is there any efficient way to do that? They seem close, but not close enough for one trip. Are we going to have to do the O then drive to Panama City to do the Empire Mica?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A friend and I are planning an trip for the summer, and we want to dove both wrecks. Is there any efficient way to do that? They seem close, but not close enough for one trip. Are we going to have to do the O then drive to Panama City to do the Empire Mica?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

To do both wrecks you are going to have to dive the "O" from P-Cola and then dive the Empire Mica from Panama City.

Also,
The Empire Mica is not a "normal" dive site that dive charters go to all the time. you will have to set-up that dive with a charter through the Dive Locker or Panama City Dive Center. In fact you may have to go the Port St. Joe and get a charter out of there to dive this site.

Dive Locker - Panama City Beach Florida Dive Store featuring Henderson Wet Suits and Brownie's Hookah Systems, Panama City Beach Florida Dive Charters, Florida Scuba Information, PADI

Panama City Dive Center

Video of the Empire Mica off of Port St. Joe, Florida:
Diving the Empire Mica on Vimeo

I shot the "Diving the Empire Mica video", and have dove her twice.....Awesome experience!
They may look close on a map but you will have to do some traveling to get from one to the other.
As Others have already said, Panama city would be your best bet for a charter to the Mica. The Oriskany is a little easier, just call MBT Divers in Pensacola MBT Dive & Surf Pensacola, Florida (850) 455-7702
I have the Mica footage, as well as plenty other Oriskany and Pensacola footage on my site .... Firefish video home
Both are World class dives, hope you get to see them.
PS: I dove the Ozark as well, but It's in 330' of water (300' to the deck) and my current camera won't go that deep, so no footage yet....but maybe THIS summer!

Thanks for the help, everyone! Looks like I'll take the extra time to do them both. I'll make sure to set it up ahead of time. Thanks a lot!

If you need divers to fill up a trip to the Mica give me a shout.

Diver's Den is planning on making some trips to the Empire Mica on their new boat!! Call and ask for Clay at (850)234-8717 !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom