Breakwater 12/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KRL1973

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Came back again as I'd hoped and was not disappointed. Pretty much did a repeat of friday except had my sister along this time. Long surface swim following wall. As we were preping to descend we both notice something on the surface next to us moving, it was a mola mola! a smaller dinner plate sized one with one fin cutting thru above the surface. It was slow moving and a couple of kicks put me in front of it and it swam right into my hands. I couldn't resist lifting out of the water for a second which I felt a bit guilty about afterward as it probably didn't enjoy the experience but it was a freakin awesome one for me. It went back gently into the water unharmed and cruised off at a leisurely pace. Considering what the sealions do to these guys I felt what I did wasn't so bad :idk:

Any way dropped down and enjoyed a couple more mola mola sighting in the course of the dive, one of which at the end of the jetty was quite a bit larger, perhaps 4ft across.

The sea lions at the end of the jetty put on their show as well this time a big male made an appearance as well but kept at more of a distance, his harem gliding all around him. It is a thrill to be with these lions and i suspect i will make more regular visits to see them in the future.

Saw a fish that looked like a cross between a cabezon and a scorpionfish that I 'll have to try to attatch a name too -Any suggestions for likely candidates?

A few more nettles this time but easy enough to avoid. Viz was slightly reduced 15-20ft. Weather topside was fabulous warm and sunny. Lunch at Toritos overlooking the bay afterwards

great time :D

ken L

Heys, I was there to today.

Took a dive to the Metridian Fields and found a Mola mola there, along with a few quarter-eaten ones =[.

I hooked up with stilldiving for a small journey along the wall. Didn't get as far as you suggested though.

Saw a fish that looked like a cross between a cabezon and a scorpionfish that I 'll have to try to attatch a name too -Any suggestions for likely candidates?

ken L

My guess would be some sort of a sculpin, there are a bunch of different varieties.

Back
Top Bottom