Santi 400g or DUI 450 Flex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Been diving my DUI polartech 300 with argon in doubles and singles with no problems in getting cold; 48-54 degrees Monterey/Carmel.

However, my dives have all been in the one hour range.

I was approached by a diver that saw my undergarments and told me it becomes a problem with long deco dives on a flooded suit.

I'm not doing deco dives and won't for some time, but I saw the Santi suit in a size medium the other day at my LDS. I tried it on and it fit nicely and I wanted to know the benefits of this undergarment vs the DUI 450 flex?

I love the customer service that DUI has given me with my current CLX 450 suit and am a little apprehensive with the problems Santi has just entered with distribution in the America's.

Anyone want to lead me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mike G.

a little apprehensive with the problems Santi has just entered with distribution in the America's.

I own both a DUI and Santi suit,and have never had an issue wth Santi. Just because they are in Poland doesn't mean they don't provide great service and distribution.

the santi has thinsulate all over. even in the stretch panels. the fit and finish is better than anything dui has ever come up with. I own a santi 200 gram and 400 gram and love them both.

I'm not too sure about Santi's future in north america but I do love their products

I've been looking at Santi for both undies and possibly new drysuit, so I'm interested in real life experience as well. Thanks guys.

Slight side track:

1: why the concerns about Santi in the US? I haven't heard anything that would be cause for concern - but then I may very well be out of that loop.

2: how about washing the Santi thinsulate undies? I use 4th Elements Arctic and love the fact that I can just throw them in the washer after a weekend of sweating in the sun.

Henrik

Santi will no longer have a US rep after December, Alex is no longer working with Santi at that time. If that's something important to you, maybe the DUI?

As far as quality, there's simply no contest, Santi wins big.

1: why the concerns about Santi in the US? I haven't heard anything that would be cause for concern - but then I may very well be out of that loop.
My understanding is that the US distributor for Santi is only going to be working for the company until the end of the year.

This is a bit of a concern for me, because my drysuit is currently in his hands. I've been assured by my local dealer that it's going to be taken care of, and that there will be a new distributor in the USA ... but one can't help but be a bit apprehensive when considering the purchase and service of something as expensive as a drysuit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I hear their north american distributor, Alex, is going away. not sure what that means for the future of santi in america though.

I have washed my 200gram plenty of times. the 400 is new so not yet. 200 holds up fine. just follow the directions on the label.

As far as quality, there's simply no contest, Santi wins big.
I own both ... and can't be as emphatic about that as you are. I like both of my suits ... Santi eSpace and DUI TLS350 ... but for different reasons.

Both are quality suits.

And FWIW - I have a Santi 400G undergarment sitting in my closet that I never wear. I prefer my Weezle Extreme ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I had nothing but problems with my custom Santi suit order. So many delays and problems that when it finally arrived with the wrong boots I told them to give me a refund. Didn't want to deal with them anymore.

Santi makes great products. Delivery sucked. I didn't get to the service stage, I ended up with a HOG suit.

I own both ... and can't be as emphatic about that as you are. I like both of my suits ... Santi eSpace and DUI TLS350 ... but for different reasons.

Both are quality suits.

And FWIW - I have a Santi 400G undergarment sitting in my closet that I never wear. I prefer my Weezle Extreme ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

about the undergarments though? the santi is way better IMO.
the mesh panels around the wrists to let them dry faster from wrist seal leakage, the pockets, the suspenders (if you have them) the stretch panels, slick material on the lower leg so your foot slides in easier.

it's all great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom