Ikelite Video Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm selling an Ikelite #6014.04 video housing with dual handle and tray assembly. The housing has less than 20 dives on it. It fits the following JVC video cameras: MG-21, MG-26, MG-27, MG-36, MG-37, MG-57, MG-77.

Of those, the JVC Everio GZ-MG77, which can shoot in wide screen (16:9 aspect ratio) was the most recent. This model includes a 30GB internal hard disk drive (HDD), for up to 37 hours of video (10.7 hours at "DVD" quality), so no need for video cassettes.

While I'm not also selling the camera (which retailed for $950 when it came out), new (refurbished) ones can be found right now on Overstock.com for $280, including a one year manufacturer's warranty (JVC Everio GZ-MG77 30GB Digital Camcorder (Refurbished) | Overstock.com). Used models can be had for even less.

The housing originally retailed for $800, and I'd like to get $220 shipped. That puts you into a ready to dive wide screen, HDD video rig for only $500 if you also snag the MG-77 from Overstock. This Ikelite housing with dual handles is large enough to offer stable video, but small enough to nicely pack away for dive travel. Video lights can easily be mounted on the handles if desired. Housing is depth rated to 200'.

Great holiday gift for someone just getting into underwater videography. Could also be useful as a DIY project.

If you're interested or have any questions, please shoot me a PM. See photos for actual housing.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg