Lynx Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milkmood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anybody ever dive Lynx Lake? No, seriously.

I'm considering taking some gold pans up there and dig around a bit under the lake, just cuz I'm a nerd that way. Possibly Wed, Thur, Friday. Any takers? I'd rather not go alone.

Good luck! When I lived in Arizona, I looked at Lynx. Unless things have changed you can leave your mask topside. It won't help in the water.

I'm sure it has it's seasons like any body of water...would be worth it to at least bring my gear...I'm camping up there anyway. Need to read up on altitude diving, do some math.

How about depth? Anybody have any statistics on Lynx for max depth, hazards, topography, etc?

Technically there's no swimming allowed in Lynx Lake.

Special attractions:

* Lake (no swimming)

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott/recreation/camping-day-use-ohv/lynx-lake-rec-area.shtml

From wikipedia:

Location Prescott National Forest, Yavapai County, Arizona, USA
Coordinates 34°30′55″N 112°23′2″W / 34.51528°N 112.38389°W / 34.51528; -112.38389Coordinates: 34°30′55″N 112°23′2″W / 34.51528°N 112.38389°W / 34.51528; -112.38389
Lake type reservoir
Primary inflows Lynx Creek
Basin countries United States
Surface area 55 acres (22 ha)
Average depth 40 ft (12 m)
Surface elevation 5,530 ft (1,690 m)

Yeah, that's funny... I *just* read that on Prescott NF website, and a couple others. They're worried about people pishing and whatever else in the lake.

Wonder how long it's been since anybody has been diving in there...might be worth trying to dive through the 'no swimming' loophole. :D

Yet you can pan for gold. Seems to me that would tear up the bottom a lot more than a few divers.

Yep, the entire lake is included as part of the Lynx gold withdrawl area, so it *must* be okay to dive in it! :mooner:

I'm sure it has it's seasons like any body of water...would be worth it to at least bring my gear...I'm camping up there anyway. Need to read up on altitude diving, do some math.

Most of the lakes in Arizona always have bad visibility. Lake Pleasant is really the only one that fluctuates. The smaller lakes don't change much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom