XL Jets for Little Feet??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have any of you with little feet worked out a way to dive XL Jets? I wear size 7 women's. Now I'm diving neoprene booties with XL's, but the pockets are a little sloppy and kicks are a bit annoying. I can go with tighter springs but my instructor thinks any tighter and I might loose a bit of ankle flexibility.

Rock boots work, but I'm not a fan. My new suit with turbo soles shows up soon & I really don't want to exchange the blade surface of XL's for the smaller L foot pockets.

Thanks!

A third drysuit, Kathy?? Jeez!! :D

If the pockets are just a little sloppy with the booties, I would wait to see how they fit with the turbo soles. Also, a lot of new fins come with plastic shapers inside the foot pocket, and I have heard of people with smaller feet keeping those shapers in the fin so they can use fins with larger blades. My OMS Slipstreams came with them, but I threw them away several months ago so I can't ship them to you. :(

Perhaps a visit to a friendly LDS would be in order, to see if you can locate some of those to try?

Peace,
Greg

Buy a scooter and quit worrying about 5% differences in blade surface :D

For the record my wife has size W6 feet "M" jets and those are downright tiny. "L" are just a smidge smaller than XL.

Hi, Kathy. :hugs:

I wear size 6.5 women's shoe and dive the large Jet fins for both my wet and my dry suit.

I have turbo soles on my DUI drysuit and the large Jet fins are snug. When I dive wet, the large Jet fins are not as snug in my Hendersen neoprene booties.

Can you borrow someone's large Jet fins to see if it's a better fit for you? Or move closer to me? :D

I wear size 6.5 women's shoe and dive the large Jet fins for both my wet and my dry suit.

I have turbo soles on my DUI drysuit and the large Jet fins are snug. When I dive wet, the large Jet fins are not as snug in my Hendersen neoprene booties.

Can you borrow someone's large Jet fins to see if it's a better fit for you? Or move closer to me? :D

You are funny:rofl3:Why lWho would leave Cali for Ny:shakehead:

You are funny:rofl3:Why lWho would leave Cali for Ny:shakehead:

Hey, a girl can dream.:rofl3: Just wishful thinking on my part to get Kathy out east....is it working???

Buy a scooter and quit worrying about 5% differences in blade surface :D

For the record my wife has size W6 feet "M" jets and those are downright tiny. "L" are just a smidge smaller than XL.

Yeah, the M's are pretty wimpy!

Thanks Sam! I do have size M, L & XL Jet fins. Have been trying to find the right size for me for some time. But the blades on the XL are much better in current (if you don't have a scooter). Dive both sets in a day and it's hard to let go of the XL's!

fins-4.jpg

Am I the only person who, every time he reads the title of this thread, thinks of a 70's rock and roll band?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom