If you received a $100 dollar gift card to your LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhayes75

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What would you buy? I feel that I am pretty well geared and am torn on what to buy with this gift card. I could just use it to-wards something more expensive, but I am broke after Christmas and only want to use the card. There are always those must have items that we don't think we need but would be great to add to the bag.

If your LDS is good with servicing equipment, I would use it to get my regs serviced, tanks VIP'd, etc. Buy a fill card with some of it....always nice to have fills already paid for. That's assuming you think your LDS will stay in business for the next year. May not be what you need, but getting some needed service work done is what I would do.

What would you buy? I feel that I am pretty well geared and am torn on what to buy with this gift card. I could just use it to-wards something more expensive, but I am broke after Christmas and only want to use the card. There are always those must have items that we don't think we need but would be great to add to the bag.

My current list of lower priced stuff: halcyon oral inflate dsmb, a new hood, bottom timer, line cutter.

If your LDS is good with servicing equipment, I would use it to get my regs serviced, tanks VIP'd, etc. Buy a fill card with some of it....always nice to have fills already paid for. That's assuming you think your LDS will stay in business for the next year. May not be what you need, but getting some needed service work done is what I would do.

Good idea Glen, but I feel that using it for a service rather than something I can use every dive will be cheating the gift giver. An air card would be great if I paid for air fills. I usually don't dive with my LDS, so I am always getting my tanks filled else where. I only bring tanks there to be topped off. Its kind of a trade off for the side work I do for him.

My current list of lower priced stuff: halcyon oral inflate dsmb, a new hood, bottom timer, line cutter.

These are the things I had in mind, but already own other than a bottom timer. I don't see a use for it other than a backup to my computer. I just bought a hood a couple of weeks ago for my upcoming trip to the Keys.

Gear under $100

lift bag
500 psi mask goo
bolt snaps
spring straps
pole spear
tank light
dive knife/line cutter
wetnotes/slate
t-shirts
rash guards
floating mask strap
signal mirror
back-up light(s)
regulator bag
weights/weight pockets
Christmas present to Hetland

some good ones here

Gear under $100

lift bag - dont have, this could be an option
500 psi mask goo - switching to Johnson & Johnson mix
bolt snaps - ?
spring straps - good idea, I dont have
pole spear - Dont have
tank light - Have already
dive knife/line cutter - Have Already
wetnotes/slate - Have Already
t-shirts - have tons
rash guards - have Already
floating mask strap - Have Already
signal mirror - an option
back-up light(s) - have unlimited supply
regulator bag - I need this
weights/weight pockets - I am good here

Do you do any cold water diving? If so, how old is your hood? Replacing a worn hood makes you AMAZINGLY warmer.

Do you do any diving off boats you drive to? The heavy, reinforced bags for weights are nice.

What about critter ID books for the places you dive most often?

Is your mask a perfect fit? You could go through and see if the shop has one you like better than the one you have now.

T-shirts, hats, chamois/towels, silicone lubricant, save-a-dive stuff, spare mask, spare light, fin straps, spare LP and/or HP hose and/or Inflator Hose. Something to save a dive when you're beachside and something goes awry.

Do you do any cold water diving? If so, how old is your hood? Replacing a worn hood makes you AMAZINGLY warmer.

I just purchased one and it has not been used yet. It will get plenty of use next week in Ft Lauderdale though.

Do you do any diving off boats you drive to? The heavy, reinforced bags for weights are nice.

This is an option.

What about critter ID books for the places you dive most often?

I have a few of these already

Is your mask a perfect fit? You could go through and see if the shop has one you like better than the one you have now.

I thought about this too, but I already own two. If I purchased another it would probably cost more than $100.00

Back
Top Bottom