Stopwatch location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
During Fundies I saw a lot of the instructors with stopwatches on their left arm, often attached to the compass. It didn't occur to me to ask at the time (was busy!), but I was wondering why have it on the left, instead of on the right with the bottom timer. Thoughts?

I have mine on the right arm. Wearing it on the left (which I used to do) made it harder to see.

Personally I keep mine contained within my bottom timer, on my right arm. If I were to wear a seperate stop watch, It too would be on my right arm, adjacent to my bottom timer so I could see them both at one glance. I don't see the point of wearing it on the left. YMMV.

K

During Fundies I saw a lot of the instructors with stopwatches on their left arm, often attached to the compass. It didn't occur to me to ask at the time (was busy!), but I was wondering why have it on the left, instead of on the right with the bottom timer. Thoughts?

No particular reason :D

My main thought was keeping them from getting confusing, on some days I have the brainpower of a flea :/.

But it makes it easier for me to keep the different sources of information seperated, I can have the overall picture of the dive on my right wrist, while on the left I have my compass heading for navigation and the stopwatch right next to it for various navigation/time keeping/ GP uses. And I could see myself confusing some of the information from my watch for info on my bottom timer if I'm exceptionally "bright" on a given day.

Peace,
Greg

Since Rob was one of the instructors - I'd probably go with his answer :wink:.

^^^^That's not very DIR :wink: :p

Peace,
Greg

i wear mine on the left just because that's always where I wear my watches. it's no harder to see or anything like that.
if your watch doesn't have a backlight it would make sense to put it on the right though

Apart from timing practice ascents... what are you all using stopwatches for??

I haven't needed an actual watch (or stopwatch) UW in years. Last one I had was on my Tec2G and when it died I never replaced it.

i use mine to time stops. sometimes. sometimes I dont bother and I look at the bottom timer.

sometimes it's nice to know what time it is. especially if you're diving at a park that closes or something like that

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom