XS Air 2 quick disconnect hose torn already...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbreeman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new to the forum, and I just joined because posting a question to the AERIS and Oceanic sites repeatedly failed. Sorry for the broad distribution, but I do believe the issue I've encountered is of importance to other XS Air 2 owners who may also run into the same snag as well...

I've got an AERIS ReefRider BCD and an OCEANIC XS Air 2. The XS Air 2 has less than 20 dives on it, has been serviced (already) and is generally well-maintained. I'm on a 2-week dive vacation on Cozumel, and the hose has somehow torn (see pictures). Upon inspection, I'm convinced that the tear is caused by the clamp that holds the hose neatly next to the BCD inflator hose. The clamp is so tight, and has such sharp edges, that it literally tore the outside off of the hose.

Now I'm stuck altogether, because the connector on the hose is not the standard one, but the proprietary format Oceanic/Aeris use, and nobody on the island has a spare hose. I'm forced to now rent both a BCD and a regulator (extra expense, less comfortable, etc.).

If somebody from either Aeris or Oceanic could please advise what they will do fix the problem and replace my hose, I'd be much obliged. The least I expect is a new hose sent to my house to replace the damaged one and rectify this vacation disaster. The clamp issue I'll fix myself (either with a file or small saw), and I'll have to get a spare hose to travel with next time just in case I end up in a place where there are no Aeris/Oceanic spare parts at hand.

The second question I have is - why aren't there Miflex hoses available for Aeris/Oceanic? I've got it on most of my other gear (Mares, Cressi, Scubapro and Aqualung), but again - I can't find it for Aeris. This must be due to the proprietary connectors Aeris/Oceanic use, but I'm starting to wonder whether the customer base is really SO SMALL that it doesn't justify making a few quick disconnect hoses for?

Thx, Gabe

Attachments

• DSCN1134.jpg
    DSCN1134.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN1137.jpg
    DSCN1137.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN1139.jpg
    DSCN1139.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 89
Sorry for the hassle - while I don't profess to have knowledge of every phone call or return through our service department, I can honestly say that I have not seen this before. We'll be happy to replace it for you - but rather than have you "fix" the clamp, I'd like to get it back here as well. How far into your two week trip are you? If we can get a replacement to Cozumel for you, I'd be glad to do it. If not, please PM or email me directly when you return.

Doug:

What number can I reach you on? Thx, Gabe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom