Actual Water Temps in Marsa Alam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thinking about taking the family to Egypt in January. Anybody here know the actual water temp in Marsa Alam? I've seen the stats. Looking for feet on the ground, or in the water is better :)

it was 24/25 degrees 2 weeks ago, however through these 2 weeks the weather conditions have changed dramatically and we are in the middle of a storm all over Egypt with some heavy rain pouring floods in the sea and the air temperature has gone down.... so I guess it will be less than that....
may be someone that is currently there would give more accurate data :)

it was 24/25 degrees 2 weeks ago, however through these 2 weeks the weather conditions have changed dramatically and we are in the middle of a storm all over Egypt with some heavy rain pouring floods in the sea and the air temperature has gone down.... so I guess it will be less than that....
may be someone that is currently there would give more accurate data :)

Thank you for the information. Also looking for recommendations for Dive ops to go with when we are there in a couple of weeks.

well, in general I would go for the dive operator in the hotel I am staying in... marsa alam has a lot of resorts and hotels all over a large distance of the coast hence taking the one near you is an advantage IMO

I had some discussion with Coraya divers who are in charge of the madinet coraya hotels diving activities and they seemed friendly and responsive (didn't dive with them though)
I also stayed and dove in marsa shagra village RED SEA DIVING SAFARI - The Eco-diving Adventure - Locations : Marsa shagra village
really great place and diving...

Thanks for that information. I simply refuse to dive with an op that demands a "check-out" dive. My second thought was that normally you get a discount by booking online ahead of time.

I simply refuse to dive with an op that demands a "check-out" dive.

1 - that is quite an arrogant statement!
2 - according to the standards, rules and regulations (as moronic as they may be in part), enforced by the CDWS, a "check dive" is mandatory.
3 - only people with "something to hide" normaly do have a problem with a check dive. What´s the problem with demonstrating some basic skills? For an experienced diver (correction: for every diver) this should be a piece of cake and not something to make a fuss about!
4 - it would indeed be irresponsible to allow divers to dive under indirect supervision if one would not at least check if they can perform basic skills. During 25 years in the business I have learned the hard way that a certification, whatever level, means nothing. I´ve seen candidates during an IDC that could not hoover - I´ve seen beginners that never had to take the mask of during their OWD course!
5 - any dive center that takes its responsibilities for the safety of their customers serious will assess their abilities to choose the right dive sites for them, the right buddies, the right guides and simply to give them a safe and enjoyable vacation.

1 - that is quite an arrogant statement!
2 - according to the standards, rules and regulations (as moronic as they may be in part), enforced by the CDWS, a "check dive" is mandatory.
3 - only people with "something to hide" normaly do have a problem with a check dive. What´s the problem with demonstrating some basic skills? For an experienced diver (correction: for every diver) this should be a piece of cake and not something to make a fuss about!
4 - it would indeed be irresponsible to allow divers to dive under indirect supervision if one would not at least check if they can perform basic skills. During 25 years in the business I have learned the hard way that a certification, whatever level, means nothing. I´ve seen candidates during an IDC that could not hoover - I´ve seen beginners that never had to take the mask of during their OWD course!
5 - any dive center that takes its responsibilities for the safety of their customers serious will assess their abilities to choose the right dive sites for them, the right buddies, the right guides and simply to give them a safe and enjoyable vacation.

Arrogant? Why arrogant? Just being honest. I have no problem with doing the dive or showing that I can perform the skills. My problem is that I don't want to pay 30 Euro for nothing.
I have no problem with an op that says they will take us to a relatively easy site for the first dive and the first 10 minutes will be observing our skill level. None at all. But to jump in 5 meters of water near the shore and waste my money and time is out of the question.

Hope that clarifies it.

Oh, I think you meant Hover and not Hoover :D

Anybody can hoover. hehe :kiss2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom