Hollis Sidemount Program - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrecktek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
A New Year means its time to learn a new technique

Learn all about Side Mount Diving​

January 28 & 29, 2011
Key Largo, FL

Side mount equipment is an innovative gear arrangement which may be used for all types of diving and is unlike any other gear arrangement that a diver may be accustomed to using. The configuration facilitates "spot on" buoyancy within minutes and results in a more streamline profile than a conventional gear configuration. Side mount scuba diving is a safe alternative option for gas management allowing the diver to always see their valves and first stages. Side mount can be used for all sport diving including: recreational, reef, wreck, and wall dives. Side mount diving is the preferred equipment configuration for extended range dives, cave dives, and deep exploration dives.

Instructor:The course is taught by Jeff Loflin (who help designed the Hollis Side mount System) and hosted by Horizon Divers of Key Largo, FL. For more information or assistance with lodging call Dan of Horizon Divers at 305-978-3380

Costs: Side mount Diver Course $400.00
Side mount Diver & Instructor combination Course $600.00
Technical diver component, learning how to carry and deploy deco and
stage tanks $100 add on to the diver or instructor course.
The technical diver add on requires an additional day of diving

Equipment:You can use your own side mount harness or there will be a limited number of harnesses available for use during to the program on a first come first serve basis – call John of Hollis Gear at 904-994-6586 for more information and to reserve a sidemount harness for the class.

Certification: NASE, SDI and/or PADI Side Mount Diver certification and Specialty Instructor Upgrades are awarded upon successful completion of the course. Agency Instructor Specialty application fees not included.

Prerequisite Certification: Open water Diver; Minimum Age: 15 Dives: Four (4) scuba dives. Depth: Not to exceed 100 feet.

Man oh man, any weekend but that one! Sounds like a great session!

Well I am sure that if you contact your local Hollis Dealer or Rep they can arrange something and We will holding another one in FL in the spring Stay tuned...

Happy New Year and safe diving!

Thanks...we ARE the local Hollis dealer!

Will shops require me to show a sidemount cert card if I want to dive sidemounted?

Why would a shop care about any of your certs, except maybe for tank fills?

I haven't heard of that yet. If you want to use any sidemount gear, no cert is required at this time. I would like to set up a demo day on the Hollis Sidemount in Los Angeles if anyone out there wants in chime in ...Maybe I can get a few demo units from our local sales rep and we can all decide what we like. Anyone anyone?
Will shops require me to show a sidemount cert card if I want to dive sidemounted?

I can't envision a situation where a dive operator would ask to see a sidemount C-card, any more than they ask to see any other card once you have gotten past the first level of clearance to dive on their boat. But who knows, might be a surprise some day! I know we don't ask for it, as long as you are a certified diver!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom