Morrison Spring Conditions Report with Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know, we have all seen plenty of Morrison Spring pictures. I thought I would post a few pictures from our dive December 20, 2010 showing how low the water levels are. Temperatures that morning were in the low 40's

Morrison.jpg

MorrisonfromDock.jpg

Morrisonfromdock2.jpg

MorrisonCypressKnees.jpg

Dive buddy Dan getting some early morning shots

DanTakingPictures.jpg

DanKneelingondock.jpg

CypressKneesMorrison.jpg

CypressSteam.jpg

Those are some lovely pictures! North Florida certainly has some beautiful places. Thank you for sharing these.

It was much prettier before they paved it.

From the looks of it, we'll be able to dry cave Morrison before long!

Thanks Lynn. We went back to Morrison today, we were talking about how lucky we are to be able to dive the springs when the Gulf is blown out like it was today. I am posting a few pictures from today.

Those are some lovely pictures! North Florida certainly has some beautiful places. Thank you for sharing these.

Looks like the fish have come back to the basin even though the water is down.

How are the numbers of catfish and eels in the cavern?

I was surprised at the number of fish around the platform and bowl. On the second dive I went around cypress knees and sticking my head in holes. I saw a lot of large bass, big brim, and a few alligator gars. I think they were coming in from the river run...the water around the cavern is a few degrees warmer then the run.

I ducked in the cavern for a few minutes and I only saw a few eels and no catfish. But I didn't have much time to look around. Let me know when you can go Bill, and we will go look around the cavern for some critters.

QUOTE=SeaYoda;5657998]Looks like the fish have come back to the basin even though the water is down.

How are the numbers of catfish and eels in the cavern?[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom