Nikon D5000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitepointer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to know if anyone has used the D5000 for underwater photography? It is on sale at a store here in Japan for super cheap, please let me know soonest. Thanks

The D5000 would be fine. It is a good camera, maybe not as good as the D7000, but it will take many AFS lenses and shoot video nicely. You can't use the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens or other non AFS lenses, so that is a limitation. You would want the Nikon 10-24mm, and the AFS macro lenses.

I think the reason people don't use it much is that the cost of the body is not much compared to the rest of the system. The housing, ports, tray, arms, strobes and cords will cost you $3000 or more, why go cheap on the body? Pricing is changing daily, but at this time a good D5000 body costs say $500, while a D7000 is $1200. So f saving every cent is important, the D5000 will save you a bit compared to say the D7000, but considering the cost of the rest of the system, it's a small savings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom