Any SM instructors in Toronto, Canada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will likely need to travel to The North East, Florida, or Mexico... Make a vacation out of it.

As for gearing up, Dive Rite Express has all the bolt snaps and other bits and pieces. Depending on what harness you purchase, they will have a recommended rigging and may include CAM Bands or Stage Bottle/Bolt Snaps for the tanks. Depending on your weight/size and type of diving you plan to do, AL80's, Steel HP 100's and a bunch of other tank combinations may suit you.

Assuming you have two regs already...
Need long hose/short hose. 1 right angle for 2nd stage short hose.
2 x 6" HP hoses and 2 SPG's
Spare bungee because what you get may not fit you.
Bolt snaps/cave line and/or zip ties for regulator, primary light etc.
Depending what route you take... Two spare lights, canister light, and helmet to mount onto.

Dwayne

I also live in Toronto and I also thinking of going side mount...

Haven't looked around yet but the one place where they would probably be able to answer your question is dive tech near Brockville

In case you find something, can you fire me an message?

Good luck,

You will likely need to travel to The North East, Florida, or Mexico... Make a vacation out of it.

Dwayne

Many folks are teaching SM out here and I would imagine many other places as well. I can't think there would "likely be a need" too travel far away.

Last edited:
I also live in Toronto and I also thinking of going side mount...

Haven't looked around yet but the one place where they would probably be able to answer your question is dive tech near Brockville

In case you find something, can you fire me an message?

Good luck,

I will. Maybe I will see you out in the water.

I second Matt and Dan's Dive Shop. I know he actively dives sidemount, and teaches it.

Jim

Thank you for the post guys but I was actually looking for someone in the GTA. St Catherines is nice but the is far from Toronto. So if anyone knows of any good side mount instructors in the GTA please post. Thank you all once again.

Crock, I went to Florida for quality instruction in sidemount. You likely have to widen your search beyond Toronto; when you do, St Catharines will seem very close.

Back
Top Bottom