Fitness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey peeps, I am Daphney from Chicago. I've been very active as a teenager, sort of got off that in last 15 years. It's time to get back.

Carrying tanks will never prepare you for carrying tanks
unless you have carried bricks for the Foreign legion however finning increases finning performance and technique

I've been diving since 2007. When I started diving I was 46. At that time my fitness was bad, though I was not a fat guy.
During the time the OWD course took (4 months = 16 weekly classroom classes and 16 pool sessions) I started to swim and this helped to recover my fitness status and also to lose some body weight.
During the last 6 months I restarted a heavy swim program as I took the Stress & Rescue course (7 weekly classroom sessions and 7 pool sessions).
Though swimming is a nice and relaxing exercise, running is also required to gain leg strengh.
This will eliminate calf cramps. Calf cramps is the first symptom of unfitness.

Exercise affects your body, mind and soul. It starts inside, you are feeling better, then your outside, you appear better and lastly the mind, you'll be able to think well. Fitness should be a lifestyle, not something you receive looking forward to for two weeks or even a month.

Back
Top Bottom