Weight pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theriel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been wondering whether any of you could recommend any weight pockets for the cylinder? I would like to be able to use the standard lead (1 and 2kg) available on boats...

I know that XS Scuba is probably the most popular, though I'd prefer to have something with a buckle - I don't trust velcro... "DIRZone 6kg Single Cylinder Weight System" is way too big.

Has anybody used "Halcyon Trim Weight Pockets" ? Do you know if standard 2kg lead weight will fit inside? Or maybe you know some other pockets?

Best,
Theriel

I use XS Scuba, even mount them upside down for emergency release. They're cheap too. Despite your position, I find the velcro closures to be quite reliable.

I use XS Scuba, even mount them upside down for emergency release. They're cheap too. Despite your position, I find the velcro closures to be quite reliable.

+ 1 So, do i. Love them

Ditto. I have 6. Four which comprise my weight belt, and another two on my cam straps which I use for trim.

Is there a preference to mounting the trim weight on the tank as opposed to putting the weight in the rear pockets of a "weight integrated" BC (SP Stab Jacket for example)?

Has anybody used "Halcyon Trim Weight Pockets" ? Do you know if standard 2kg lead weight will fit inside? Or maybe you know some other pockets?

I use these. Yes, 2k weight fits.

Is there a preference to mounting the trim weight on the tank as opposed to putting the weight in the rear pockets of a "weight integrated" BC (SP Stab Jacket for example)?

DIR forum, therefore Hog rig.

Hello,
I have been wondering whether any of you could recommend any weight pockets for the cylinder? I would like to be able to use the standard lead (1 and 2kg) available on boats...

I know that XS Scuba is probably the most popular, though I'd prefer to have something with a buckle - I don't trust velcro... "DIRZone 6kg Single Cylinder Weight System" is way too big.

Best,
Theriel

How much weight are you trying to add? If it's just a kilo or two I generally just strap them onto the end of the camband when using cylinders of 7.25" diameter or less.

Peace,
Greg

I too use the XS Scuba Velcro weight pockets when traveling. Although I will use a stand alone weight-belt if I need a lot of weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom