Windy City Diving.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Relocating to the Windy City in a couple weeks, searching for dive buddies and where to dive OFTEN....

there is most notably Lake Michigan. There is also Haigh Quarry in Kankakee which is south of Chicago. This is an interesting place with a few things to see. There are a few other places like Pearl Lake in South Beloit & Brandon Rd Quarry in Joliet.

What kinds of diving do you like to do, and which part of the Windy City will you be relocating too? There are quite a few of us around the area. Lake Michigan is definitely THE DIVING to do.

Julie

I'll be relocating to the Waukegan/ N. Chicago area.

I dive anything, but agreeable the great lakes fascinate me the most, wreck diving and what not, would even try ice diving. But cold & deep does not bother me, used to it, have dry suit. Quarries are fine as well, open all year?

Thanks for responding. Any contact info would be great.

Laser once bubbled...
Shoot me a PM if you need a buddy.

Ditto here... always up to dive.

Heck with as many Chi-Town folks we got on here - why don't we have our own NDI forum with a snazzy club name.... (That would probably require initiative....)

diverjed, welcome to the board.

netmage once bubbled...

Ditto here... always up to dive.

Heck with as many Chi-Town folks we got on here - why don't we have our own NDI forum with a snazzy club name.... (That would probably require initiative....)

You seem like a guy with plenty of iniative. If you build it, they will come.:D

diverjed once bubbled...
Relocating to the Windy City in a couple weeks, searching for dive buddies and where to dive OFTEN....

diverjed,
Welcome to the Chicago area! If your looking for people to dive with check out;

www.illinoisscubacouncil.org

The Illinois Scuba Council has information and links to many Illinois Scuba Clubs. Hope this will help you in finding dive buddies and interesting things to dive on.:)

Around here, the only place I've dove at was Haigh. It's not bad, though it was a bit chilly a few weeks ago. Are there any places around here to dive come winter that don't involve ice or driving to Bonne Terre?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom