Diver Dan's Boat Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrbeast1414

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey,

Anyone planning on going on the boat dive in Monterey this Weekend, Sunday the 9th? I have never been on a boat dive and don't know what to expect.... Should be a lot easier than Monastary's entry :)

thanks

Hey,

Anyone planning on going on the boat dive in Monterey this Weekend, Sunday the 9th? I have never been on a boat dive and don't know what to expect.... Should be a lot easier than Monastary's entry :)

thanks

On Diver Dan's website there's some info on Boat Diving. The website says it's the Escapade... You might want to confirm that... There's nothing worse than showing up for the wrong boat.

Diver Dan's: Come dive with with us on a Monterey Dive Boat charter today!

Some things to consider is that you'll have to get there early. The boats are prompt about leaving so do not be late.

Also expect to be ready to board the boat with your gear fully assembled and you suited up (or at least partially) well before the board time. If it's your first time boat diving in Monterey you'll probably be nervous and want the extra time to make sure you're in the right place anyway. Don't forget your c-card and some cash for tips (parking machines take cards), a warm hat, a towel and some warm clothes to change into after the dive.

The Escapade

K Dock

Hey,

thanks

Do you get sea sick? If so, then take the medications early. The seas outside the bay can get a bit rough. Also, I hope you are going with an experienced buddy. There are no dive guides on these boats and you need to do you own navigation. It is easy to get disoriented in kelp.

But it is also a lot easier than shore diving (and a lot more fun).
Have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom