Any good diving in Amsterdam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to be doing a Euro trip in september and I am trying to get an idea of what kind of diving there is. I have a few days of nothing planned in Amsterdam... any good diving in or around the area??

-Matt

I used to live near Amsterdam and unfortunately the diving there is not the best. As far as I am aware your best bet would be Vinkeveense plassen or Het Twiske.

You can have a look at duikforum.nl for some more information.

Cheers,
Frank

Nemo is a big tank 33 mtr deep
for me its only nice in winter when it's to cold for diving outside
it's just a big plasterd swimming pool
stil takes about 3 hour by car

Holland is nothing like Florida
if you want to see some fisch don't go deeper as 6 mtr deeper visebillety wil be worse mostly
temp in that time of the year 10 Celsius max that time of the year at 6 mtr

Vinkeveen is a nice place for diving
Twiske never been their
if you are used to Florida I think you want to have a dry suit

let us no what your experians is

Something that I have heard of but never been to is not too far away in Belgium, its called nemo33

Put nemo 33 in to google images and this is their website Cours école plongée formation PADI débutant magasin club Bruxelles Belgique SSI NEMO33 World's deepest diving scuba pool Duiken Brussels - Cours Plongée Bruxelles Belgique

Looks like fun

Nemo33 is not too bad, but as Willem says : it's a pool, deepest in the world though. But still a warm water pool where you've seen it all after 10 minutes (it's in Ukkel, near Brussels - Belgium). Great for indoor training though :p

Vinkeveense Plassen is to be recommended (you can see a short movie I shot there last year : YouTube - Vinkeveense Plassen).

The best diving (my opinion) in Netherlands is Oosterschelde (Oosterschelde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), but that's 150kms to the south & saltwater & depending where you dive - tidal diving. I prefer to dive there, because the underwaterlife is the best (big a** lobsters, crayfish, squids, ... : another vid of what you can see there : YouTube - Rijnland III

Greets,

Joeri

You could jump in the canals and do some bicycle-wreckdiving. Hmmm, wait... That reminds me of the '80s movie Amsterdamned... that had also some diving in it.

Forget about Amsterdam, No decent diving around there.

Just take a look a Zeeland Zeeland - Diving in Zeeland, Netherlands - Wannadive.net - World dive site atlas
About an hours drive from amsterdam.

I agree, best diving in the Netherlands is in Zeeland. Personally I prefer diving in Grevelingen Meer, because, others than in Oosterschelde, there you are not dependend on the tide.
An alternative is Oostvornse Meer near Rotterdam, i.e. Slag Stormvogel - Diving in Zuid-Holland, Netherlands - Wannadive.net - World dive site atlas

You can go to the RLD and do some type of diving lol. Amsterdam is a great city, lots of fun to be had there. Not exactly a place I thought about diving much though. Does seem you have some suggestions here, are you bringing your gear?

Back
Top Bottom