Dive tomorrow!!!! Plz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity, was your boat dive cancelled due to conditions, or something else?

Second that.
If the boat canceled because of conditions you may wanna check a swell and tide report before deciding to dive.

Second that.
If the boat canceled because of conditions you may wanna check a swell and tide report before deciding to dive.

If today is any guide, breakwater should be diveable - I'll be there doing skills. That said, if the boats are cancelling for tomorrow I might rethink things...

Sunday looks pretty good for Carmel but I think Monday is a good day to play hookie.

Today: NNW wind 8 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 6 ft at 12 seconds and SSW 1 ft at 13 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.

Tonight: NNW wind 9 to 15 kt becoming ENE after midnight. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...WNW 6 ft at 11 seconds and W 2 ft at 11 seconds. Wind waves around 2 ft.

Monday: ENE wind 7 to 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Sunny. Mixed swell...W 3 to 5 ft at 15 seconds and W 2 ft at 10 seconds. Wind waves around 2 ft.

Breakwater didn't look so good this morning, so we called our dive. It was probably diveable (though we heard 3-4' vis), but after watching two (presumably) OW students get dragged out of the surf zone and a dog almost drown (requiring rescue), we decided the water probably wasn't the place to be.

Breakfast was tasty. :)

I'm awful at reading weather reports. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

I'm awful at reading weather reports. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

I wouldn't so much say that you called it wrong... as the Breakwater is divable most of the time.... just that because of the feedback on vis and a visual of the dive site conditions it just wasn't worth if for them.

It's a bit of a sliding scale with other factors included on whether to make the drive down or not... then the call if it's safe to enter... then finally is it worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom