Short Liveaboard in early April 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I will be visiting Egypt in early April this year, and I'd love to do a short liveaboard. The only ones I could find that are under a week were King Snefro who do a mini safari for 4 days - this sounds pretty much perfect for what I'm looking for, can anyone tell me anything about them from experience? Is it best to book direct with King Snefro or through an agent? I haven't been diving for over a year so will need to do a refresher dive beforehand - are they easy to arrange once I get to Sharm? I've done my AOW (SSI) but lost my log book when I left my bag in a taxi (doh!). My AOW card states that I have logged over 20 dives - will this be ok since I read on the websites that you need at least 15 dives logged to go on the liveaboards?

Also, I'm bit worried that it will be cold in early April!! I've only been diving in Cairns (July) and Thailand (Dec) before - will it be colder than that? I'm planning to buy a wetsuit before I go, what thickness will I need? I'm not great with the cold, I remember getting chilly when diving in Cairns when I didn't move around enough.

Any tips or advice would be really appreciated, thank you :)

Jane

King Snefro is fine. You'll probably need a SCUBA review, which could be easily arranged in Sharm. When you do your review/refresher, buy a new log book and log the last dive(s) with the proper dive number(s).

If you're not so good with cold, I'd say go for 5mm or 7mm. The main issue is the wind chill on the boat.

Water temperature in April last year was 23 - 24 degrees C - so 5mm full suit at least, and a hood will help.

Cheers

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom