DIR and Miflex LP hose/2d stage swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Would a miflex LP hose and a comfort swivel at the second stage violate any DIR protocols. Mainly deeper ocean diving with not much overhead so rubbing of the hose is not a major concern.

Are there reliability issues with either the hose or the swivel?

Thanks!

Guy

Would a miflex LP hose and a comfort swivel at the second stage violate any DIR protocols. Mainly deeper ocean diving with not much overhead so rubbing of the hose is not a major concern.

Are there reliability issues with either the hose or the swivel?

Thanks!

Guy
Swivels leak and serve no purpose. I'd say they're out.

LP Miflex hoses are still new and being tested by many. Their HP hoses are clearly out (fail often), but LP don't seem to have issues.

I don't like the LP hoses, I've seen the plastic bits break and become pointy little spines on those hose. I certainty wouldn't want that around my neck seal.

What about using them for back-up regulator and inflator hose (with double tanks)?

I just don't see a point to switching to these hoses in the first place

What about using them for back-up regulator and inflator hose?

why do you want them so bad? Among other problems...
they are expensive
the outer covering gets "furry" with little burrs like polypro rope

They are trivially lighter than normal hose which work fine anyway. I'd spend the extra coin on other gear, charters to gain experience, gas, or training.

I have a Miflex on my back up reg. I'm short so I angle the MK25's steeply to gain a little extra head clearance. The flexibility of the Miflex helps where otherwise a regular hose might kink.

My instructors have been fine with it - but they don't recommend the floaty Miflex for a primary.

why do you want them so bad? QUOTE]

I don't want them "so bad", I don't even like them. I was just inquiring about resorting to them or some others like them to alleviate stress on the back-up hose and the wing inflator hose in doubles configurations with certain regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom