Connecting Wisdom 2 to ScubaPro Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a brand new Sherwood Wisdom 2 computer console. I am trying to connect the hose to a Scubapro MK25 regulator. The QD hose fitting is larger than the threaded opening on the regulator. Do I need to buy a different hose with a smaller fitting or do the make a conversion piece for this application.
Thank you for your advice.

take it to a lds and have them do it for you.Probably attempting to put it into a lp port...goes in hp port.

Welcome to the board.
Sounds like you are in the wrong port. The HP port, where it should go, will be 7/16 inch as opposed to the 3/8inch of the LP ports. Most HP ports are marked, look for an HP on the reg body. If you look into the port it will look blocked off except for a TINY, darn near invisible hole to let HP air in. If you see any hole larger than the diameter of a hair, you are in the wrong port.

By the way, DO NOT crank down on the hose. Install it by hand until it seats on the O-ring, then tighten lightly. Using the proper wrench and 2 fingers pull on the wrench using 2 open fingers. That is plenty of torque. The oring does the sealing and not connector torque. If it leaks after being gently snugged, there is a Oring or seat problem, do not try to use more force to seal the leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom