Sidemount Equipment Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sontek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm about to take my side mount class and I was wondering what gear you guys recommend.

Dive Rite Nomad EXP is the BC i'm looking at picking up. (recommended by my instructor Dive-aholic)

Thanks for any tips :)

Any tweaks/modifications tips you guys have for the gear you recommend as well?

I'm about to take my side mount class and I was wondering what gear you guys recommend.

Dive Rite Nomad EXP is the BC i'm looking at picking up. (recommended by my instructor Dive-aholic)

Thanks for any tips :)

Any tweaks/modifications tips you guys have for the gear you recommend as well?

Actually, there are 3 Nomad models. The EXP is the single piece. The modular models I told you about are the original and the XT. The difference between the 2 is the durability of the wing material. I have an original with over 500 dives on it and many of those in tight passages. My Nomad doesn't even have the lettering on it anymore, but the material is still holding up.

The EXP is non modular, which takes a LOT of the BP/W argument out of the equation. You pop the bladded and you're out a whole BC which is a lot more expensive than just replacing the wing... I have an original because I didn't feel I'd be squeezing thru tight squeezes, which I haven't, but it's held up on the wrecks real well, about 250 ish dives so far. 150 ish wreck penetration... I'd listen to Rob, he's been doing it a lot longer than me, and was the one who recommended me to contact Edd, but I wouldn't get the EXP...

Back
Top Bottom