4 or 5 day dive trip???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pm3009

Reaction score
Hi

I think I'm going to take the boards advise, and try
Roatan for my next big Dive trip.

But... I have a friend who's just going to get certified before we take a short trip. She can only go for 4 or 5 days. Is there a place that's affordable to go for less than a week? I know the tour packages are always based on 7 days. I was pricing air for 5 days to Cozumel, though sites like cheapseats.com and I was coming up with astronomically high prices. Where do you book mini trips through? Any location that is more affordable than others for a short trip? I was thinking of either Cozumel, or Turks and Caicos. She's going to the Keys in Dec, so I don't want to pick there.

Thanks!!
Pam

Originally posted by pm3009
Hi

I think I'm going to take the boards advise, and try
Roatan for my next big Dive trip.

But... I have a friend who's just going to get certified before we take a short trip. She can only go for 4 or 5 days. Is there a place that's affordable to go for less than a week? I know the tour packages are always based on 7 days. I was pricing air for 5 days to Cozumel, though sites like cheapseats.com and I was coming up with astronomically high prices. Where do you book mini trips through? Any location that is more affordable than others for a short trip? I was thinking of either Cozumel, or Turks and Caicos. She's going to the Keys in Dec, so I don't want to pick there.

Thanks!!
Pam

Have you tried any of the charter companies like Worry Free Vacations, Apple vacations, funjet, adventure tours etc.? Search on google.com for their URLs. They usually have Sunday-Thursday deals. I'm lucky being in Dallas so we have good fares to Cozumel - for you it may be cheaper to go to T&C or The Bahamas. If you have ff miles you may use them too - I think for AA you need 35000 miles for a trip to the Caribbean.

/Mike
http://www.diverguy.com

Hi Pam,

There are some very good Coz packages that include reasonable air.

Contact Christie Rudd at Splash Tours (800) 518-0932/splasht@swbell.net.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

...at many places on Roatan. Inn Of Last Resort offers a 5 day diver package for $645 vs $795 for the 7 day. Roatan Dive and Yacht Club as well as Paya Bay have 4,5,6 and 7 night packages and I'd bet my dollars to anyone else's donuts that right now, travel slump and all, you can get any length of stay you want at any resort you want. Check out the rates for both Belize and the Bay Islands at:

http://www.roatan.com/

Nor are you roped into taking a package deal. You can get your own plane tix, your own room and deal with a dive shop when you get there. You'll find the Hondurans remarkably flexible when dollars are being discussed. :p

Terry

Hi Pam, I think you should start with a dive operator. I have been researching a trip and noticed that most Turks & Caicos DO's can do an accomdation inclusive diving packages over 4,5,6 or 7 days. Then just fit some flights.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom