Reading Material on DIR Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A friend of mine asked me today if there were any books or other reading material on DIR diving -- and I don't really know the answer. Are there?

There are the older GUE books, but is there anything printed about What Is DIR Diving, How Do You Dive DIR, etc.

My friend is very interested in taking UTD Essentials and just wants more information.

Suggestions?

Other than Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving?

The quest mags have a lot of good articles. Check those out.

A friend of mine asked me today if there were any books or other reading material on DIR diving -- and I don't really know the answer. Are there?

There are the older GUE books, but is there anything printed about What Is DIR Diving, How Do You Dive DIR, etc.

My friend is very interested in taking UTD Essentials and just wants more information.

Suggestions?

Start here: SFDJ

If only your friend knew some DIR divers to _dive_ with ... you know, a picture is worth 1000 words.

:mooner:

I have the Open Water manual, Jarrod's book, Dan MacKay's book Dress for Success (although I just lent it out), the Tech 1 manual, the Cave 1 manual, and access to the Quest archives.

There are also, of course, the 5thD-X videos on YouTube, as well as innumerable Fundamentals and Essentials class reports on a variety of forums.

There are also a number of websites with information, from the equipment pictures on the BAUE site, to dir-diver.com, to deepseasherpa.com, as well as personal blogs like coldwaterkitty.com

Want some more?

I think Dennus would be fine with access (one way or another) to the Quest articles. Maybe I'll wait until I get to meet this "crazy doctor lady" and she can help me get info to our friend.

I think Dennus would be fine with access (one way or another) to the Quest articles. Maybe I'll wait until I get to meet this "crazy doctor lady" and she can help me get info to our friend.

Hi Peter,

If he becomes a member of GUE he will get access to every single one of the Quest issues.

Best,

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom