El Gouna - February // Orca Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobspadger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello

3 of us are off to El Gouna in Feb this year.

We're currently trying to decide on which dive centre to go with.

Short list seems to be :

Orca Dives
Emperor Dive Trive

Orca are in the lead at the moment as 5 days diving is ¢170 with free nitrox

Has anyone used either of these companies, or recommend any others?

Cheers

Alex

I've dived with TGI from Sharm a couple of times, first time was great, lovely lovely people.
Second itme was a nasty cross between the sopranos, god father and some form of shouting match (I have since discovered this is italian)

on a serious note professionalism was superb , all exect the ' you dont need to wash your gear for a few days' comment from the dive instructor.

have you seen what salt in an inflator does.

google polaris rocket.

Anyone reading on here please do not pay attention to the previous ludicrous post it is obviously a scam and nothing further from the truth but a poor farce.
I have also been diving with TGI in Sharm and found them to be an excellent dive operation with amicable and professional staff . See here: Dive Center Reviews | TGI Diving, Sharm El Sheikh | Red Sea | Scuba Diving Reviews | Scubadviser

I'm sorry? what do you mean by its a scam?

I was having a light hearted poke at the italian language! I also said I thought they were superb.

I stand by my statement on the gear washing as, that was , exactly what happened.

Having seen an inflator get gunked up due to salt from the red sea (and the ensuing rocket to the surface), I feel daily washing should be the least of the tasks carried out.

This is also (after some really ropey gear in Fiji) why I always, without fail, travel with my own gear.

My two pence worth and opinion.

:D

Hi Bob - think you p!ssed them off................ oh well. Sorry can't help as we go to Sharm or Hurghada, but was interested in El Gouna as someone new to go. We are off to Hurghada again in May as its macro diving (no guides) which suits us while we play with our cameras. Was also interested as you are local to us and the 1st found on this site.
Chris

Hi Bob - think you p!ssed them off................ oh well. Sorry can't help as we go to Sharm or Hurghada, but was interested in El Gouna as someone new to go. We are off to Hurghada again in May as its macro diving (no guides) which suits us while we play with our cameras. Was also interested as you are local to us and the 1st found on this site.
Chris

Hi Chris

Well, if offering my opinion on the internet pisses them off then we're all doomed arent we :wink:

Its only a couple of weeks to go and we've settled on orca divers, found some good reviews on yorkshire divers etc on them and they are about 300m from the hotel so nice and close.

Just need to work out all these protests n stuff now!

Enjoy the macro photography :)

If you have not made your reservations yet try Aquarius Dive Club, they are truly the best operation in all the Red Sea!!! Tell them you referred by a Texas diver and they may even cut you a break!!! I have dove with them many times and they have always exceeded my expectations!! I have sent several people from the USA there and they have all raved about the service, and you know us Yanks can be quite picky!! The are also one of the least expensive dive clubs as well!!

Hi there,

I am Ines, working for Orca el gouna..

you are more then welcome and we give good service. Here in El gouna we are working all together :cheerleader:
so Orca, TDC, TGI even Easy divers and Emperor... we are all good centers.
Here in Orca we offer now this special and you are free to take it or not.
Even on our website you find this offer. Click to our geustbook and read what other guests are telling about us. we cover 5 languages.. German, Enlish, French, Flemish, Dutch.
Hope to see you and dive safe, :happywave:
Ines, instructor by Orca El Gouna.

PS, Aquarius is not in El Gouna!!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom