Milly-Wau-kee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got back from Milwaukee. I was there for 3 days for training for work. Went to a Brewers game on Wednesday night, very nice stadium. I managed to stir up a couple people by a random cheesehead statement or two, Go BEARS, Go Cubs also brought me some attention. Saw some mullets, on WOMEN!

Drove the downtown area last night, very nice, lots of two way roads..that was refreshing. Lots of bars on Water street, unfortunately my coworker does not drink so we just drove past.

Overall a very nice town. Only about 2/2.5 hours from my backdoor, might go to another Brewers game.

Cheese, Beer, Mullets, what more does a visitor need?

:)

I would have loved to see Walter dive there with out an exposure suit!

I thought about it, but diving wrecks just doesn't float my boat, nor does cold water diving.

Maybe someday, but not this year.

I did offer to dive in one of the Brewery tanks.. :)

Juls64 once bubbled...
I think Walter wore a semi-exposed suit.

I was there. Walter's introduction to the wonderful world of borrowed drysuits was not a pretty sight.:confined:

However, as Walter said, the diving with Len-der was great.

What did Walter dive with before the dry suit? This I gotta hear..hehe

Juls, I have dove about 3 wrecks.....the last was the Straits of Mackinac.....didnt impress me, didnt see one fish, it was 45 degrees at the time, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I understand people get off on that sort of thing, but I need stuff going on around me, a nice reef suits me just fine.

HOWEVER, give me a boat with some history like the U boats out on the East coast and I'll dive that....NOW THAT IS COOL.

jepuskar once bubbled...
What did Walter dive with before the dry suit? This I gotta hear..hehe

Walter, being from Florida, never needs a drysuit. Hence the borrowed suit for his trip to the frozen north.

In Florida, I dive with a wet suit starting in November and wear it till sometime in May when I switch to a swim suit. In the Great Lakes, a dry suit is nice to have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom