Info on Sharm and Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikos81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello to all. I would like some info about the two places Sharm and Dahab.

Question 1: What is the weather these days in Sharm? I need specific info and not generally.Temperatures for this week and especially for the next one? Any site where I can see the predictions?

Question 2: I know that this period of year is not high season,but I was wondering how crowded is Sharm (for starters) these days. I'm asking this, because most of the diving clubs ask for a minimum number of participants for the trip to Thistlegorm(or so I have heard).

The same questions apply for Dahab also.

Anyone who will bother answering this, please bear in mind that I need specific information, and not general ones.

Thanks to all

Hi Nikos
At this precise time in Sharm 11.35pm its 62 deg F. Go into any world weather search site and you will get the weather. If you have Windows 7, right hand click on your main opening page and go down to gadgets and loads of weather icons there and just change to whatever. I have 5-6 on the go all the time as watching weather around the world for next holidays.
Can't imagine very busy at this time as somewhat cool. Go onto Red Sea diving holidays in Sharm El Sheikh | Camel Dive Club and Hotel we have used 4 times and they are very good and go to Thistlegorm at least weekly.
Don't know much about Dahab as only been a couple of days - prefer Sharm. Cameldive also do trips by the day up to Dahab.
Sorry this may not be specific enough but at least 'bothered' answering - think this maybe bad grammer/manners!!!
Chris

Hi Nikos,

Current daytime temperature is around 20 degrees maximum, dropping to around 12 at night (despite what the weather websites say). Dahab will be a little cooler, and you have to factor in the wind chill factor - Dahab is much windier than Sharm, although the wind howling down the gulf of Aqaba makes Tiran trips rather chilly.

Today it was raining in Sharm and there was a hailstorm over Thistlegorm. Water temperature in Sharm is 24 degrees and it's 23 in Dahab - this will drop further during February and March.

Sharm is pretty empty at the moment, all the big centres run trips to Dahab if you fancy a day trip. We advertise two excursions to Thistlegorm per week, in general most places require a minimum number of divers, but since it's low season, some centres will run a boat as long as they are covering their overheads. Today we put out a whole boat to Thistlegorm with all of three divers. It is also possible to arrange these excursions through a third party if necessary.

For checking Sharm weather, try Accuweather and Windfinder.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

C.

Back
Top Bottom