Montreal Olympic Stadium 50ft deep pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaplongée.com

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Taking the chance here to share that post. Heritage of the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal, this is a North America unique 50ft deep pool for scuba diving.
This video is in french but I just wanted to share it with you, if you manage to come in Montreal during the winter, you will be able to try it, They also do rent equipment!
Good to know?

Montreal Olympic Stadium 50 ft deep pool video.

That is pretty cool, I didn't know they had that there. Perhaps I can check it out the next time I am in Montreal.

Is it only open for scuba during the winter?

Scubaplongée.com;5696384:
Taking the chance here to share that post. Heritage of the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal, this is a North America unique 50ft deep pool for scuba diving.
This video is in french but I just wanted to share it with you, if you manage to come in Montreal during the winter, you will be able to try it, They also do rent equipment!
Good to know?

Montreal Olympic Stadium 50 ft deep pool video.

It\s great, what is required for admission ? is FQAS required of PADI is good enough ? Is it possible to just walk in or one has to be a member of some club? Do you have the link for the website where they have more info ?

Thanks

here's a link (only in french though) CPPO - Le Coin de la Plonge au Parc Olympique. Cours de plonge sous-marine Montral, Qubec.

I had heard that they were pretty much the only place that ever asked to see an FQAS card, but their website doesn't mention it, saying only that you need a c-card from a recognized agency. You need to make a reservation, and trying to do that can be a pain in the rear. My buddy and I went last winter, and we tried to reserve and were told that reservations only start a week or a few days (can't remember exactly) before the session in question, so we called back later (at 9:30am on the day they started taking reservations) and they were already full. Some of the dive shops around here do "trips" there every few weeks during the winter, so that's what we ended up doing.

RIO - Parc olympique de Montréal :: Activités sportives :: Nos activités sportives

Open scuba diving
$20 (includes taxes, admission and tank)
$28 (includes taxes, admission and full gear)

Schedule:
Wednesdays, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Fridays, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and from 8:30 to 9 p.m.

* By reservation only. Call 252-4622 (extension 5550 or dial 0)
* Minimum of 10 reservations for dive to take place
* Rental of diving pool for clubs and schools: 514 252-4619

Reservation
514 252-4619

Information
514 254-4107, by e-mail or CPPO - Le Coin de la Plonge au Parc Olympique. Cours de plonge sous-marine Montral, Qubec.

RIO - Parc olympique de Montréal :: Activités sportives :: Nos activités sportives

Open scuba diving
$20 (includes taxes, admission and tank)
$28 (includes taxes, admission and full gear)

Schedule:
Wednesdays, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Fridays, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and from 8:30 to 9 p.m.

* By reservation only. Call 252-4622 (extension 5550 or dial 0)
* Minimum of 10 reservations for dive to take place
* Rental of diving pool for clubs and schools: 514 252-4619

Reservation
514 252-4619

Information
514 254-4107, by e-mail or CPPO - Le Coin de la Plonge au Parc Olympique. Cours de plonge sous-marine Montral, Qubec.
Super!

It would seem pointless to ask for FQAS permit since it's not an Natural Environment Dive. No?

(lol i resurrected this thread) Rise from the ashes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom