Ikelite wont sell this part??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titanite

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I am looking for a part for the 4118.1 single strobe connector. It is the cover that threads on to the sea&sea end of the cable to protect the connections when it is not connected to the strobe. I called customer service and they said that even though they manufacture the part in house, they do not sell it and I would have to buy the whole cable to get another one. The customer service rep did tell me they sell the other end for the ikelite housing connection, but not the end for the sea&sea end. How does this make any sense? I am sure there is a bin full of them on the assembly bench where they put the caps on the cord before it goes into the packaging! Does anyone have any insight on how to obtain this $1.00 or less item with out having to buy the whole cable again? I know its not a must to have this as I can leave it connected to the strobe, but I would prefer to disconnect for packing purposes.

Thank you in advance!
T

Hi Jean,
Thank you for following up with me. I was CERTAIN, that I pulled a cap off this end, and couldnt remember where I put it. When I called customer service, it sounded like there was an end, but it just wasnt sold. Thank you for clearing this up, and Im glad I didnt burn the couch down to find this!

What do you recommend for the o-ring that is exposed? Just keep it clean, inspect before plug in...the usual stuff?

Have a great day!

No problem, there are so many products and parts it can be easy to get things mixed up or miscommunicated!

Just taking the o-ring off to clean and lightly lubricate before use is sufficient. Storing without a cap won't be a problem as long as you keep it dry. Keeping the cord in a ziplock-type bag is good practice.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Hello,
I am looking for a part for the 4118.1 single strobe connector. It is the cover that threads on to the sea&sea end of the cable to protect the connections when it is not connected to the strobe. I called customer service and they said that even though they manufacture the part in house, they do not sell it and I would have to buy the whole cable to get another one. The customer service rep did tell me they sell the other end for the ikelite housing connection, but not the end for the sea&sea end. How does this make any sense? I am sure there is a bin full of them on the assembly bench where they put the caps on the cord before it goes into the packaging! Does anyone have any insight on how to obtain this $1.00 or less item with out having to buy the whole cable again? I know its not a must to have this as I can leave it connected to the strobe, but I would prefer to disconnect for packing purposes.

Thank you in advance!
T

If you are looking for the clear plastic small cup shaped cover for the end that plugs into the sea&sea Strobe they are available from Sea&Sea. You might fine one on Flee Bay but that is a sea&sea part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom