Sea Serpent liveaboard booked through "scubatravel.com"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dahl0646

New
Reaction score
We're thinking about doing a liveaboard while in Egypt, and I found a pretty good deal on scubatravel.com. The thing is, I can't seem to find any information or reviews of this travel agency. Has anyone booked through them before?

I checked Sea Serpent's website, which says that some of their itineraries are reserved for travel agencies and not listed on the schedule. The particular route that I'm interested in does not appear on their schedule.

I haven't booked with scubatravel for years, but I had good experiences (I don't live in UK anymore). Generally the standard of liveaboard boats is pretty good all-round off Egypt, so I would recommend finding the right dates and itinerary for you, and leaving the choice of boat as the 'tie-breaker'.

So, if you like wrecks, better to do a wrecks itinerary on one boat than a reefs itinerary on another. Or if you want to see more pelagic life, better to go with an older boat in the south than a newer boat in the north (to take an example). Or if the dates line up better for you to leave from say, Hurghada with one boat than Sharm with another, that's probably more important.

After many liveaboards, none have let me down and it's always been about the itinerary for me.

Hi

I would look up forum sites such as yorkshire divers (although they are UK wide) and and UKdivers. The company was also previously known as Tony Backhurst so that might extend your search criteria.

I have never dived with them, but many UK based divers swear by them.

Good luck :wink:

Thanks for the information. I really love wrecks but my husband prefers reefs, so we're looking at southern itineraries for May. It looks like there are a couple wrecks in the south, anyway. We're excited at the chance to see bigger life.

We know our vacation dates, so really we are deciding between Sea Serpent or Emperor Divers, as both appear to offer the same "simply the best" itinerary. I was just feeling uneasy about the price difference between the two operators, although I suppose it can be explained by the standard of boat each has available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom