Canadian equivalent of Leisure Pro??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any one knows of a Canadian equivalent to leisure pro. Shipping and paying duty really add up when ordering from the states.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Tommy

But incidentally, there is no "duty" per se. You pay taxes, and if you brought it across via UPS, you were raped over brokerage fee's, but no "duty." Welcome to NAFTA.

Do what everyone else I know does - get it shipped to a friend in the USA. If you need it in a hurry, have them ship it to you in a regular box as a gift from a friend - as long as it's not the big brown rape machine known as UPS, you should be fine. I just pick my stuff up when I go there on business or dive at Gilboa or whatever.

There are some good Canadian deals out there. And there are a few USA suppliers who are REALLY good about shipping to Canada - COVCI is one. (www.covci.com)

The good news is that many things are a lot CHEAPER. Drysuits are hundreds of dollars cheaper in Canada than the USA. Many Regulators and major ticket items are much, much less expensive, due to the lower dollar, and I would guess, the easier trade practices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom