canon 1.4telecoverter tokina 10-17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-s

Reaction score
l have a canon 7D in ike housing looking at putting a canon 1.4 teleconverter with the tonkina 10-17 i have the 8 inch dome and 10-17 extention what would i need to get to make this combination work in ike housing? ,any help would be appreciated
steve

Steve,

This is a combination that we would not recommend unless you had a specific purpose in mind.

You will need to measure the fully extended lens length from the camera mount with the teleconverter attached. Then, check to see which port body you will need here: MODULAR PORT SYSTEM
Note: If your teleconverter doesn't allow auto-focus, there is no way to focus the lens manually from the housing. Also, since the teleconverter moves the lens forward, the clear zoom sleeve may not reach the black zoom clamp on the lens, which would thus eliminate zoom control.

Regards,

The specific purpose of using the Tokina 10-17mm FE with a 1.4x TC is for CFWA. Its becoming a very popular combination as the Tokina focuses very close.

But on the other hand most people are using this combination with their 4inch mini domes as they can get alot close to the subject and have the ability to bring their strobes inclose.

I believe one of the shops in the states makes adapters to fit 4 inch mini domes to Ikelite housings.

Regards Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom