Just had to share this . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who remember the great SPG war, the stealth Jets, and other battles:

My husband was putting together some slides for the gas management portion of his Nitrox class the other night, when he turned to me and said, "You know, if I haven't said it before, thank you so much for dragging me, kicking and screaming, to the dark side."

The system works. It just really does.

The system works. It just really does.
Thanks for reminding us :D Besides the diving itself, in my case, the system has helped a lot in establishing ties with cave diving comunity. Couple of years ago I couldn't imagine diving on a cave project. Now, I'm a part of GUE cave project in Bosnia, diving there with Chris, Fred and lot of other GUE divers, learning, sharing knowledge, gaining experiance, and above all, having fun.

For those of you who remember the great SPG war, the stealth Jets, and other battles:

Thanks for the laugh - I can only imagine :)

Henrik

I think just about everyone who gets into GUE/UTD/DIR either before or early on into any kind of technical (or "techreational") diving path will inevitably have that Aha! moment where they will unknowingly put the knowledge that they have gained into practice. Without realizing it until after the fact.

One of my most recent ones, related to gas planning actually, occurred on my dive at a new to me site that is considered pretty advanced. My dive buddy gave me a rough outline of the dive plan and on the spot I calculated my gas needs and figured that I did bring a big enough tank to accomplish the dive, with gas to spare. And I was right!! :D :D

Peace,
Greg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom