Hurrah Hurrah Hurrah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wapyaly

Contributor
Reaction score
WE DID THE FIRST PART OF OUR PADI OW COURSE THIS WEEKEND!! AND PASSED THE EXAM. ARN'T DIVE TABLES CONFUSING. MY FIRST EXPERIENCE BREATHING UNDERWATER WAS AMAZING, SCARY, FANTASTIC AND EXHILERATING.

WERE OFF NEXT WEEKND TO STONEY COVE IN LEICESTERSHIRE TO COMPETE OUR 4 QUALIFYING DIVES.

IM A BIT APREHENSIVE ABOUT THE 18 METER DIVE, BUT I GUESS I'L TAKE IT ALL IN MY STRIDE!! THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THE BOARD FOR YOUR SUPPORT.......ALY

:)

It only gets better.

Come over to Florida or the Carib and enjoy the clear water sometime!

Peter

ps any tips on getting over the urge to spit my regulator out?

wapyaly once bubbled...

huh?!

wapyaly once bubbled...

hopefully once you start seeing stuff rather than the side of the pool that urge will go! Mind you not much to see in Stoney!

On the tables they really aren't that confusing - you are probably thinking too much! Bit like the UK tax forms - don't try and work them out, just follow the instructions....

Have fun in Stoney - send it my regards :eek:ut:

Jonathan

A lot of new divers have a tendency to bite down on the regulators mouth piece, so hard that their jaws get sore. Once you become a little more comfortable in the water things will get easier.

Just try to remember the regulator is your friend, That is where the air is!! :D

Congratulations on becoming a diver...

I suggest that you get a mouthpiece and practice by letting it hang on your lower teeth...

DON'T Chew it becouse the harder you bite on it the more you get the urgency to chew it...

I get the same feeling with Gum... when I chew or bite hard for a while... I also get the urgency to spit the gum out... (like rejection)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom