Morro bay to Cambria (dive spots)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

22dirty

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i am looking for good dive spots, any around the areas of Morro bay and Cambria. So if you know any could you give me the names and locations of them, thank you.

Might be worth checking out the cove, which was a main harbor at one time, right in front of Hearst Castle. It looked to be very calm, with tons of kelp.

Are you going to be sticking to shore diving or do you plan on going out on a boat? There are quite a few good options for shore and even more by boat. Spooners cove can be a nice shore dive. Target rock in Morro bay is another one. It is a very easy dive with lots of kelp and life (this dive is very tide dependant). By boat you could go to 10e which is a very short boat ride and a great dive or go to one of the many pinnacles and kelp forests along the coast. It all depends on what you are looking for. The tough thing is that visability and conditions will change drastically from day to day. 60 feet of vis can become 6" almost over night. You can always check in with Chuck at Depth Perceptions ( www.depthperceptions.net ) when you get in town and see what the conditions have been like (also a great place to get fills). He is very friendly and helpfull and a very knowlegeable diver. I would suggest a call first to be sure he is open. The only real dive boat in the area is Morro Bay California Six pack Charter and Scuba Charter. The captain/owner, Shawn, can put you on some great spots. He is a very active diver and is always out looking for new spots. If there is anything spacific you are looking for I would be happy to try to point you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom