Entry Level Tech Class - 18 Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Brown Tech

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

I have 2 spaces left on an entry level technical diving class on the 18th -22nd Feb at Silent World in sunny Key Largo.

There will be the opportunity to either take TDI Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures or IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix & Deep Diver.

The courses focus on the key elements of becoming a technical diver and will certify you to 150fsw' with nitrox bottom mix & nitrox/02 for decompression (TDI) or 160fsw with trimix bottom mix & nitrox /02 for decompression. (IANTD)

Prerequisites are 18 years or older and AOW/EANX certifications.

This is an entry level class, you do not need to be a tech diver to participate. It is my job to make you a technical diver!

Typical schedule:

Day 1 - Configure our equipment & pool
Day 2 - Class & 2 ocean dives on the reef to practice skills learned in the pool
Day 3 - Class & 2 ocean dives on deeper wrecks to practice decompression
Day 4 - Class & 1 decompression dive on a wreck, typically 45mins BT
Day 5 - Exams / catch-up and 1 longer decompression dive dependent on team RMV

The skills involved focus on (but not limited to) propulsion, buoyancy & trim, valve drills, shooting an SMB and handling deco bottles.

I do not run a boot camp. We will start no earlier than 8am and finish no later than 6pm unless we want to. You can contact me direct at (305)395-1194 with any questions or to make a booking. Cost is $1250 for tuition plus boat fees, gas and any rentals you may need. Average spend is about $1500 for Ad EANX and about $1600 for trimix.

For those who wish to take a smaller step into tech diving, I also have intro to tech classes and PADI Tec 40 running all through February. Contact Avery Chipka (AZChipka on SB) as he is running those, or the shop direct.

Lets go Divin'!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom