Key Largo Scuba Shack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surfrunner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks, just curious whether anyone has any experience with the Key Largo Scuba Shack? They claim to be the newest dive op in Largo and I haven't found any mention of them on here. I'll be in Largo in March with a group of friends, most of whom are relatively new divers. What I like about this op is that they put a guide in the water with you for no extra charge, and they only run six packs. Prices seem comparable to most everything else. If anyone knows of these guys, I'd appreciate your impressions. Thanks!

We are looking at the Scuba Shack for our next trip, too. I found great feedback on Tripadvisor about them, but I'm not finding much else, as they appear to be pretty new. Just go to Tripadvisor and do a search for "Key Largo Scuba Shack".
I'll be interested to hear what others have to say on this site. Thanks and have a great trip!

I checked out the Trip Advisor comments. Incredible kudos. So many. In such a relatively short time frame. And all positive raves. These people must walk 6" above the water so as to avoid the spray! After reading them I can't imagine with diving with any other op in the Keys, ever again. Go for it; you can't go wrong.

Hi from everyone at the Key Largo Scuba Shack! Just wanted to say thanks for all of your comments! As a new dive shop we are really trying to give divers the customer service they deserve. Feel free to give us a call at the shop, check out our website, say hi on Facebook, or shoot us an email. We would love to answer any questions you might have or just chat!

I just returned from a wonderful week diving in the keys including three charters with KLSS. My group and I spent the week in Marathon (an hour south of Largo) and dove at various spots in Marathon, Largo, and Key West while we were there. Before arriving in the Keys I had scheduled two trips with KLSS, a night dive and a double dip on the Spiegel Grove. I was so impressed with their operation (and the dives, it was my first time on the Spiegel -- incredible!) that I scheduled a third trip, another double on the Spiegel, on our last day. Diving with the Shack was incredibly low-key and relaxed, just what I was looking for. The most divers they will take is six, but we never had more than three on the boat, including having the boat to ourselves for the first and last charters. On shore, Kim, Chris, and Allison are wonderful to deal with, personable, and very accommodating. Out on the water, Captain John and divemaster Luke are awesome, really fun, and very safety conscious. Having a guide in the water with you is great, even for very experienced divers. Luke has been on these sites hundreds of times and knows them like the back of his hand. He will show you things that few others get a chance to see. I had a wonderful experience with the Scuba Shack, and by the end of the week I really felt like I was diving with friends. I will absolutely be calling them the next time I'm down in the Keys, and would recommend their operation to anyone. I'll happily answer and specific questions. Thanks Kim, Allison, Chris, Luke, and John for helping to make our trip, you guys are great!

Chris Alderson

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom