Need Dive Buddy in Clearwater/Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to be in Clearwater next week (from the 21st - 29th). My first priority is to dive Ginnie Springs. I'd also like to do a dive in the Gulf. If anyone is looking for a buddy and is interested in either of these dives, please let me know!

Thanks,
Aujax

I live in Palm Harbor - about 2 miles from Clearwater beach. Ginnie Springs is a few hours drive from Clearwater.

If you want to dive some of the clearwater sites try the Blackthorn or Sheridan wrecks (Both about 70'), The M60 tanks that were dropped to make an artificial reef, as well as a host of other local sites in the clearwater area.

Most of the spring dives in FL are saved until winter when the ocean tempgets a bit too cold ;-0

Thanks Medical,

Would a charter take me (an OW diver) on a dive that goes to 70'? I mean, I'd be comfortable doing it (with perhaps a little advice for the extra 10') but i wonder if the captain or divemaster would do that. ?

Thanks,
Aujax

Might have a problem with 80' wreck dives unless you have a divemaster vouch for your skill level & you have been recently diving. Sea fox does go to sights that are 60' and under that should not be a problem for OW cert - if your comfortable with your skills.

Check there site as they have different sites each day! I personally won't go on any cave dives :D

Back
Top Bottom