Nice hotel recommendation in Middle Keys needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harro10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just booked the flights into Fort Lauderdale airport for 5/14 to 5/19 for my wife and myself. This will not be a diving trip since she does not dive (although I will still get in a couple of morning dive trips).
I searched the forum and Tripadvisor and Hawks Cay seems like a nice place both for itself and for a day trip to Key West.
I will probably be booking the stay tonight so any other recommendations that I could quickly check out would be appreciated.
Thanks - I will go clear the snow now.

hawks cay is a 1st class resort with a dive operator located at the marina, good choice. lots of properties and solid dive operators in marathon, however, in my opinion, your pick(lodging and amenities) stands above the rest.

reefman
key largo

Last edited:
Thanks Reefman. I booked Hawks Cay.

Thanks Reefman. I booked Hawks Cay.

You won't be sorry. Hawk's Cay is s good as it gets in the Middle Keys. Dive Duck Key, the op at Hawk's Cay, are great people and a first class operation. The diving off Duck Key is easy, shallow, and full of marine life. The pool and "lagoon" at the resort was recently renovated. You will love it.

I addition, I promise you will see dolphins in the canal every day you go diving. :D

I am looking forward to it. I may try to squeeze in a dive on the Thunderbolt also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom